Here's the deal:
Brazil's birthday was on the 12th so when he got home I gave him 2 tickets to Mayday Parade as his belated present.. they're my FAVORITE band in the world (their best song is I'd Hate to be You When People Find Out What This Song is About FYI ;) and he likes them too! I was so excited!... we didn't make it long enough to go together (it's my fault...). After we broke up he asked what I wanted to do with the tickets and I told him that they were a gift and that he should go and take one of our friends that didn't have a ticket yet (a big group of us were going to go together)... so he did...
The concert was yesterday and I was DYING! The band is from Florida and they don't come very often. Kla called me before and asked what kind of T-shirt I wanted, told me they were meeting the band right then, etc... I couldn't take it.... I got in the car and drove.
I parked about two blocks away from the venue and RAN two and half SLC blocks to get there. I made it with literally 5 minutes to spare. I found Posh Spice (it was SO good to see her!) and then Kla found me...

She said that she'd told Brazil that I would be there because I just COULDN'T miss it and that I would keep my distance (because it's just hard to see each other). He said that he understood completely.
So Mayday performed and I screamed so loud that my throat throbbed.

It was spectacular, but once they were done and the other band was playing it became a game of look over my shoulder and glance all around me to make sure that I didn't run into him.. because I KNOW it's hard for him.. not that it's a cake walk for me.. but it was just rough. I know that he caught glimpeses of me at times, but I tried my hardest not to ruin his night while still trying to enjoy mine.
Can I even express to you how HARD it is to wait for someone for TWO WHOLE YEARS.. miss them constantly and maybe sometimes pray in vain that they break their leg so that they can come home early and see you ;) .. and then 2 weeks after they get home find yourself avoiding that person in order to not break both of your hearts even more then they already are.... Well in case you can't truly empathize with me I'll just let you know that it's the worst and I wish my pain on no one... Not even Hilter--
ok maybe Hitler ;)
But I just keep asking myself.. was seeing my favorite band EVER worth the pain for both of us? I'm still undecided.
4 comments:
Want to hear my thoughts? Even if you don't, you will.
1. I think that this whole situation is really hard. I can sympathize, not the exact thing happened to me, but I know how it would have felt if it did.
2. I think that you going to the concert was good. It made you happy, when I'm sure you haven't been the happiest. Brazil, I'm sure understood this. (Being on a mission changes you, makes you more forgiving & understanding) It was hard, and it was awkward, but life is like that sometimes.
3. It's not easy to just stop all connection, you have been friends forever, you have the same friends. Things come up. This is just one of those things.
In the end, from my point of view. I wouldn't worry about it. Heartbreak is heartbreak and there is nothing that can dull the pain accept for time.
Was that good enough? haha sorry it's so long.
Is it ever worth it to cause someone pain?
Are you kidding me? Totally worth it! Seeing your favorite bands in concert is FANTASTIC!!! 2 years from now you will remember how hard you rocked at the concert!
Post a Comment