10.10.2009

Without Her--I Can't Imagine


I have known Kayla since 1999 when I moved to hometown. She is two years older than I am and I was ALWAYS super intimidated by her. She was in my ward and I honestly don't know if we even spoke to each other until 2005:
Homecoming 2005 changed everything in my life. Bo, who had hardly spoken to Kayla and didn't really even know her, asked her to homecoming... and who asked me... Brazil ;) look at those young bucks! I remember Bo freaking out saying I can't ask her I don't even know her! and I was like Kayla's nice I think.. she's in my ward. ha ha
After that it was history. Bo and Kayla slowly hooked up & Brazil and I were tied at the hip... we did everything together-- we doubled on dates, we went to prom, etc. We were the Quad.
Then tragedy struck and our boys left us after almost 2 years of being inseparable. So what did we do? We coped together...

We went on road trips (singing Mayday Parade the whole time)
Remember our Allred obsession?
We did everything that reminded us of them-- we stayed up on countless nights saying things about them that we'd said thousands of times before, but we didn't care because she wanted to talk about Bo just as much as I wanted to talk about Brazil so we just rambled for hours on end.
Two years past for me-- and who was there while I got ready to see him? took pictures? and shared Brazil's and my moment when he got home??
Kayla

Then TRUE tragedy struck and I called her crying not knowing what to do because being with Brazil didn't feel right and I didn't know what to do.. who comforted me best? Who supported my decision, even though it probably meant that the Quad wouldn't survive? Who was the FIRST person I called afterwards? And who cancelled all of her plans in order to drive two hours to comfort me on the hardest day of my life?
Kayla

So to distract me we drove up to General Conference and bartered on the streets for PLAZA (aka floor) level seats!
Then when I went to Mayday instead of abandoning me to be in all the action with all the boys, she came out of the craziness to spend most of the concert by my side.
And this weekend was our paint dance and she came down again just to hang out and spend time..
Even though Brazil and I didn't work out if nothing else I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to find her--

Dear Kayla:
You're the best. I won't lie sometimes I wondered while the boys were gone whether or not we would be friends if it weren't for them... because that's literally all we talked about! Ha Ha.. but that was stupid of me. You have been there for me always. and I feel so blessed to have had someone by my side that can truly sympathize with EVERYTHING that I'm going through. You've helped me through the hardest times of my life and you truly are my best friend and I hope that I've done something for you along the way also... but don't even worry I'll be right by your side as you welcome Bo home. For better or for worse ;)
Loves girl!
Klinny

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Thanks for making me do the one thing I hate... cry! haha jk! Girl, I love you so much! You have been there for me thru thick and thin as well! We started this together; we can never let it end, even if there are road blocks along the way. Thanks to you too for being my best friend. I don't think it matters where we are in life, we'll always understand each other. Thanks so much for everything! Love you!

PS get a load of some of those pics! Bah I forgot!

Samson said...

What a nice tribute. I love you both.

Lakyn Marie said...

Hang in there girl...you are amazing and i look up to you so much. So i know whatever decisions you make you will be better off in the future. I love you and Kayla so much, you are amazing girls....love you both so much!
Your Neighbor....Lakyn :)

Lance and Jessie Spiers said...

OK, I have to say something... I've been spying in on your blog for sometime now. I shared your excitement as you waited for Landon to get home and I couldn't wait for you two to be together again, then I read the saddest post ever! I look up to you both so much for making such a hard decision. Good luck with everything. Kayla's a great girl, I love her to pieces. If anyone can help you through anything, it would be her. Just keep smiling.