3.08.2009

This week has been long...

The good news is that my talk went well [thank you for any and all prayers!]. You know when you cry so much that there are no more tears to cry? Well this was a similar situation. By the time wednesday rolled around there were no more nerves. I had thought and stressed about it for so long, and finally I realized that it wasn't going to consume my week, so I thought about it for an hour or two a day and then I had to push it out of my mind and do something else. My parents came down for it, which I greatly appreciated, and then my mom brought down sunday dinner with her and we had roast, potatoes, salad, fruit, etc. IT WAS AMAZING! It's the best meal I've had since I've been to school ;)

Last weekend the LDS Institute put on a formal dance and Heather's brother "Will" asked me, but he told me that he was wearing a powder blue tux and that he wanted me to wear one of his grandma's old dresses... and I agreed! 

Katie did my hair--- we were going
 for a "that dress is hideous, but she looks cute in it" kind of a look.. I think we accomplished our goal! :)

The dress was truly atrocious and wasn't slimming by any means, but it had a kickin' spin! I wore shorts underneath so that when I spun I was modest!!
*random picture frame we found
He called me 2 days before the dance and said that he had a brilliant idea. There was a basketball game right before the dance and his brilliant idea was to go the the game dressed up for all to see! So of course we did....
At the dance almost all the girls were in legit formals. Poofy and Beaded. Will and I nominated ourselves as Best Dressed

*get a load of the ring!!!! it tied in the outfits beautifully! 

5 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

My dear- THAT is a Square Dancing Dress- I would know this because Grandma and Grandpa A were BIG TIME Square and Round Dancers- My Grandma had a whole closet full of dresses with shirts For Grandpa to match. You needed the giant poofy slip! TOO FUNNY!

Glad the Talk went well! Did you tape it (wink, wink)

Shelby Lou said...

how cute is that!!! i totally am jealous, that is something i would love to do, especially because you two would look like total goofballs. and his powder blue tux is HAWT! srsly...

Samson said...

I never thought I'd say this in my life...... but Klin.... YOu make lace look good.....

Unknown said...

why thanks.. and yes it is a square dancing dress from back in the day. we searched through all their closets for a big slip, but we couldnt find one.. which was unfortunate.. and no i didnt tape it. i probably should've but i didnt even think of it

Kayla said...

Klin! I'm so proud of you doing your talk! I bet you did amazing! I love ya girl! I love love love these pics! It looks like you had a BLAST!