3.23.2009

The Embarrassing Moment

As you might already know, for Spring Break a bunch of us went to Vegas! I'll post about it later, but here's a quick little embarrassing moment from the trip:
Mother nature came for a visit a couple days before the trip.. no biggy.. but here's where the action comes in! After a long day of walking and sun bathing a couple of us came back to the hotel. There were 8 of us that went.. 5 girls and 3 boys. We got two hotel rooms at Circus Circus and they had the joining door which stayed open most of the day and then closed at night. Well all of the boys were out and about so we used their bathroom to get ready. I was using their bathroom.. did my feminine duty.. and then went to grab my make up from the girl room.

While I was in the other room the boys came home and I heard a yelp from their room and a "WHO USED OUR BATHROOM!" My heart sank and I knew exactly what had happened. The first day we were their I used the girl bathroom and the toilet is long and shallow and the tampon didn't flush... I should've double checked since I was using the boy bathroom, but I was in a hurry and I had left the boys a little bit of a present! YIKES! So everyone was in the boy room & at the moment I was the only person in the girl room. I stood frozen. ashamed. embarassed. humiliated. etc-- What do I do?? Claim it?? Deny it?? Bah! 

"Tom Tom" was the one that found it and he proceeded to question each girl about whether or not they had just used the bathroom. My secret would be discovered eventually, so I did the only thing I could do... I threw back my shoulders, took a deep breath, put on as calm of a face as I could, and walked.

"That was me! Oops, [shrug] sorry you had to see that," said Kaylen as she proceeded into the bathroom and flushed the toilet.*

Everyone stood astonished at how I had reacted. 

Word to the Wise: It's only as big of a deal as you make it.

& because I played it cool that awful moment won't come back to haunt me at some friend reunion 10 years in the future!

*it wasn't SO bad because it was my very last day, so the tampon was completely clean, but those Return Missionaries still about had a fit ;) ha ha ha

4 comments:

Shelby Lou said...

oh my goodness gracious times ten plus twenty..

i would have died. rancried out of there and never came back. ughhh

im glad it wasn't SO BAD.

Chelsey said...

HAHAHA I would have died also. proud you handled it well haha

Kayla said...

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh man klin! I'll have to remember about the whole not making things a big deal

Ash Att said...

HAHAHA!! kaylen! thats awesome! good job ;)