Going to school at BYU can be overwhelming. There are a million people everywhere you go.. I went days without seeing a single person that I knew last year. After going so long without seeing a familiar face I would go to the BYU bookstore and find Brother :) He made EVERYTHING better. Then he decided to do something with his life, so he had the audacity to take Baby and Oldest to AZ and left me all alone it P-town...
.... EXCEPT that my cousin Clark started as a freshman this year :) I LOVE being with family.
Last year I had a sport pass with Brother and Oldest which was a blast.. but Clark is as great a replacement as I could ever wish for :)
We go running a couple times a week together-- which turns into relationship or school work venting hour. This way we both keep mentally AND physically healthy!
Last week we planned a double date :) I hosted and we both brought the person that our recent running conversation had centered on.. This was great to put a names with faces haha.
QJ and me ---- Amy and Clark
(SIDENOTE: QJ is in my ward, he's in my dinner group, and he's my hometeacher. I see him frequently to say the least haha. At dinner group I told him to plan on 8:00pm... Then I dunno why but I just figured he would come over. Well I had to go to the store to get pumpkins and I was looking rough so I touched up my make up a little and then just put on a striped t-shirt. Clark shows up and Amy is in an ADORABLE dress with cowgirl boots and Clark looks handsome.. I was like 'Guys you realize we're carving pumpkins right??'. At around 8:15 QJ showed up (also looking nice) and I was brushing my teeth. I said 'QJ what took you so long to get over here??' and he said 'Well I was over at my apartment just sitting on the couch waiting for you to come pick me up since YOU and ME on a date. My roommates were all like 'dude what are you doing'.. so then I figured you weren't coming so I just came over...'. This is the point in the story where Kaylen feels like an idiot for the second time. The first was because everyone looked really nice and I had on a tshirt and skinnies.. and then second because I'm a terrible date. dang.)
Clark and Amy's looked better in the light..
3 comments:
Couldn't have picked a better replacement. Love the pumpkins and really love how you solved the no candle issue! Ha! PS you are a horrible/sloppy date..jk..Love you :)
Aww shucks! I don't know what I would do without you Kaylen! You help me study for Statistics, keep me in shape, let me steal your movies, give me relationship advice, help me sign up for classes, and let me vent when I'm ready to flip a switch! Needless to say BYU would suck if you weren't here!
Aww... I love cousins. Glenwood with Kate, Ryan, and Mark ROCKED!!! I remember laying in a random hall at 2 in the morning talking to Mark about our love interests. I loved our cousin group date. Date idea: Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork.
I was not as smart as Clark to ask for help in statistics. I should have asked Kate for help ... actually I should have started by going with Kate to our class :).
Post a Comment