That Friday after our first classes I got a text that said that there was a stake fireside that night at 7 and Jay E Jensen was speaking. I was excited to go hear him speak, but even more I was excited because I knew RAY would be there! Lakyn and I got all dolled up and within 2 seconds of walking in the room Lakyn had spotted him and we were already analyzing the situation. He was with a girl who gave the opening prayer, and even though she was cute Lakyn reassured me that I looked better ;) (what are girlfriends for right!?) Ray said the closing prayer and after the meeting the game plan was to be around him, but not to directly confront him... The purpose being that he sees me and thinks 'wait isn't that the girl from my institute class??' That's it. Just get me going through his mind.
Lakyn and I did everything in our power to stand out. We collected the hymn books, we purposely had conversations near him, I talked to people that I knew and laughed a little louder than normal to draw attention, pretty much anything to be recognized. haha but the entire time I didn't make eye contact and just kind of walked right past him. Lakyn was like he had to have seen you.. we're golden. (sidenote: from the moment I dubsed him in church it has been Lakyn's ultimate goal to hook us up)
Monday comes around and I was excited beyond measure to go to class because now I had something to talk to him about!! I got to class and he was talking to our teacher...
RAY how was your weekend??
It was amazing! Elder Jay E Jensen came and spoke to our Stake Friday night!
Really?? He gives amazing discourses about the power of the word...
(this is my chance to chime in!)
Ya, that's exactly what he spoke about!
(Ray slowly turns to me and says with an tone of confusion....)
You're in my stake??
... He broke my heart. HE HAD NO CLUE WHO I WAS. I am a showstopper... obviously. haha I think the best part of the story is that I was SO sure that he saw me picking up hymn books, etc. but in reality I was doing service in VAIN. I only did it for the praise of man or for the praise of Ray. I guess that's what I get! lol
When I told Ray this story he was like "Kaylen I am SO SORRY! I really didn't know who you were and after I asked you if you were in my stake I realized that was the wrong thing to say... I felt TERRIBLE! I didn't know what to even say!" (as you can imagine I throughly enjoy telling this story ANY chance I get because he feels so bad about it, but I think it's quite funny :)
That was my first real conversation with Ray...
Stay tuned for part 3: First Date.
1 comment:
Klang. I love this. Haha.
Post a Comment