5.08.2010

Day 7

Today we woke up and went to the sites in Independence Missouri... I was kind of a stormy day to start, but it cleared up. Now for those that might not know the history.. The R.L.D.S. church broke off from the LDS church after Joseph died. They believed that the next prophet should be Joseph's oldest son, so they broke off and started the Reformed Latter Day Saints. A few years ago tho they changed their name to the Community of Christ. Because They believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet and also have faith in the Book of Mormon, but a lot of their doctrines have "evolved" since the 1800's. They knew the prophesy that a temple would be built in Independence, so in 1994 they completed a temple... and it's definitely different than ours..

They're just different. Entering our temple is something you have to earn and work for. They give a tour every hour...
The outside might look a little creepy, but I will totally admit that the inside of the cone in bomb.com!

We also spent time at the visitors center and learned about how Zion doesn't have to be a place.. it's a state of mind you take with you everywhere you go. Being good to those around us. One heart one mind.

Speaking of building relationships... B made all of us bracelets! How great of her! These are all of them!

mine is the one on the right side of the pic :D

Here's a segment dedicated to people on the trip
Luke and B.. Pretty much the cutest couple ever. I hope things work out well for them :D
Becca and Bailey.. I was not really even acquaintances with them before the trip. I knew their names and that was about it, but I was stoked that I got to know them because they are SO awesome!
Bishop and Mother Teresa. Love them.
Stevie and Garrett.. Love them also!
Mostly I was stoked that B came. She was on my Institute Council activities committee and I honestly had never seen or heard about her until I called her to my committee and she was SO awesome to work with. I'm super grateful that she was on this trip so that I would get to know her a lot more and spend a ton of time with her. She always makes everyone feel so included and has such a beautiful smile. Thanks for letting me tag along B! Love ya!

Well tonight is going to be spent in Denver and then tomorrow is the home stretch. I won't lie I'm stoked to go home and relax, but I have really enjoyed this trip.

No comments: