I miss Nauvoo already. We left SUPER early this morning and I just miss the atmosphere and also the presence of the temple. If I would give any advice to you it would be to go to all of the "other" sites on the way to Nauvoo and have it be the peak, because after you go there and feel of that jubilant spirit it's a lot harder to appreciate the other sites. Plus we're all exhausted from playing our hearts out in Nauvoo :D but regardless I still had an enjoyable day today.. First stop was Adam-Ondi-Ahman

What a truly remarkable place. I learned a lot of cool facts about this place today.. I just want everyone to know that I know that this plot of land is truly a sacred place. I know that Adam dwelt in this area and that the Savior will return in these last days. When he does we will meet, whether physical or through means of technology, in this hallowed place as Saints in the gospel. It is remarkable how we know that Adam built alters there, the Nephites built alters there, and we will have a temple there in the future
*** DO NOT SKIP THIS SITE WHEN YOU GO BACK EAST.. it might not have a visitors center, but the things that will take place there in the future are SO significant. Don't miss out!

A couple of us hiked down across the valley into these groves of trees and the grass was up to my knees, but it was cool because of how lush and beautiful it was I almost got a glimpse of the Garden of Eden. (these pics DO NOT do it justice odviously)

Then after lunch we all layed around on the grass and got a little sun burn :D YEAH! and then I snuggle with Sass :D She loves me--odviously

Then we went to Far West, but I forgot my camara on the bus because I was practically sleep walking that whole time ha ha but then to Liberty Jail which has such a cool visitors center!
We took this pic..

and then this pic from behind ha ha ha ha ha

We checked into the hotel in Independence Missouri and then went to a local church and held a testimony meeting.. I LOVE testimony meeting. I think that it can bring the spirit so strongly! BUT when testimony meeting goes for 2 hours and 30 minutes Kaylen gets a wee bit restless.. aka I start to figit and wiggle because I just can't stand sitting in a hot sweaty chapel for longer than like and hour and a half before I start showing signs of A.D.D... but what can you do! I will proudly say that my little sister got up there and bore the best testimony ever. I am so proud of her and grateful for the strength and power with which she bore her testimony.. Good job girl :D love you!
Tomorrow we are going to the sites here in Independence and then 609 mile straight shot to Denver.. approx. 10 hours of driving (if we don't make any stops .. ) Wish me luck!
2 comments:
You will love that place even more once you go through the temple. I want to go back. And im so jealous you got to go walk around. It was pouring when we were there. But still so beautiful.
Love the pic of "snuggling." Typical sisterly love comin from the klinny
Whit
Post a Comment