4.23.2010

I hate writing update posts--

When I post I really love to write about random topics-- but I HATE when I get super behind and then instead of making funny or entertaining posts I write about my life because lots happens when you don't post for approx 20 days ha ha oops! but there are a bunch of pics so if all else fails just look at them ha ha

Two weeks ago I threw a bridal shower for Kla :D It was a ton of fun! We just stayed at a hotel in HomeTown and brought good food! We munched and chatted until like 12:30-- and then We were all pooped so we went to bed at like 1 ha ha remember when you were 13 and you stayed up until 4-5 in the morning with no problem?? or even when you were 17... Now I'm 20 and have a hard time staying up past 12. Living with minimal social life in HomeTown for 3 months will do that to you. But the shower was a blast.. she got some VERY useful presents ;) {love you Kla}

** stole this from Lakyn's blog ha ha isn't it cute!

Umm last weekend the the big marathon!! Oh holy crap it was rough! ha ha like I said before I strained my IT Band and then I also got a cold so I didn't run a whole lot the 2 weeks before the race. I won't lie I was a tad bit nervous going into it.

Friday night we ate at Olive Garden to get a carb up and I met Lakyn's friend Jen for the first time and pretty much we were all instant BFF's. I have no idea why I never knew her because everyone in my family knows her and they were all like Oh Jen! She's the coolest! and I'm thinking why didn't I know her??! ha anyway we carbed up for dinner and we also picked up our running packets/bibs which was fun!
Jen was not happy about her number ha ha ha


Kla's "good luck" socks she gave us :D

So basically the marathon was rockin.. I stayed with Lakyn and her family at the Radisson and we woke up at like 5 in order to get all ready and such. We jumped on the TRAX and it was insanely packed.. At one point Lakyn was separated from all of us by a large hispanic man ha ha she felt uncomfortable for most of the trip.
yucky bananas

Now one thing that HAS to be taken care of beforeyou run a race is you have to "relieve" yourself before you race.. otherwise you'll end up standing in line for the HoneyBucket on mile 4 ... NO FUN! I have never seen such a sight in my life. There were approx. 30 HoneyBucket Port-a-Potties with at least 20 people in line for each one... it was insane! and somewhat awkward too because EVERYONE knew that everyone was in line to poop. I mean really ha! It was hilarious to watch because people would come out and they wouldn't make any eye contact as they bolted from the bathroom. You almost wanted to make an excuse to the person that went in after you and be like hey ummm ya it smelled like that when I went in-- but everyone knew that was a lie... The smell was horrific. ha ha ha it just made for a funny environment.

The race technically started before we even were able to "relieve" ourselves because the lines were so long for the bathrooms.. we ended up starting the race about 10 minutes after the gun, but it doesn't really matter because there was a timing chip that was in our bibs so that our time started once we crossed the starting line...

So the race went well! I felt great and my legs didn't hurt hardly at all! But hands down the best part was turning down 1700 South and seeing my family and friends with all of their signs.

I have the best supporters ever!
(my mom is on the phone with me-- I ran with my phone because she was very concerned that they were going to miss me running by :) so she made me call when I was close)
Bo and Kla

Then came State Street. 10 blocks uphill. On mile 11. yikes. I wanted to die. But I didn't :D


But after State Street is was all down hill from there and I was done! Three months of training and I'm done..
the best cheerleaders EVER! (ps the boy with the stripped shirt behind me is my cousin Clark.. he's the best)
:D
I am REALLY proud of myself. My two goals were to 1- never stop to walk and 2- finish around 2 hours-- and I made both goals :D I ran the entire time and I finished in 2 hours and 5 minutes... YEAH!

The rest of the weekend I spent watching The Playoffs in Provo and pretty much I couldn't walk all weekend because I was so sore-- actually it was BEYOND sore. I was crippled! It was actually embarrassing because I would walk down stairs and I had to go like one at a time using the hand rails because my legs felt like they were going to give out with every step that I took. I went to church with KJo and we joked about everyone wondering who the handicapped girl was that KJo had brought to church-- but honestly they probably did think that ha ha oh well. Oh man.

On Monday I texted my friend Shelly and said SOS! I need a massage ASAP (she's a massage therapist)... So I went over to her house and it was BRUTAL! I am not lying to you I was SO tight that she used her elbow (and all her body weight) to push into the tension points on my calves.. I wanted to cry! ha ha ha it was nasty, but I honestly felt a lot better afterwards. I still couldn't walk very well but it was better than before! {thanks shelly}

Well that's about it... sorry you had to read all that nonsense, but maybe I'll think of something interesting/funny to write about this week. Peace.

2 comments:

Ash Att said...

kaylen!! great job!! thats so exciting!!

Stan & Ash said...

hahah kaylen you crack me up i love reading you blog. Great Job on the Run!