My cousin Ryan got married this weekend, so my family and I were out for the wedding/reception. Friday night I went bowling with KJo [guy I've been dating a bit] and then we went over to T-Dogg and Oldest's house and the four of us stayed up until almost 4 in the morning playing card games and making 7-11 trips. SUPER fun night!
Saturday was wedding day and I had been with my family all day and
thought that I'd invite KJo up to the reception. Now for a little background information up to this point I had never brought a boy to ANY family events because my mom's side of the family is a little nosy sometimes-- well actually ALL the time ;) love their guts but anyway.. So word gets around that Kaylen is bringing a boy so pretty much by the time we got there everyone knew his first and last name, where he was going to school, and his major. NOT LYING! So people walk up to us and play all dumb like "Oh Kaylen who's your friend?" and I'm thinking "You little snoops! You've pretty much memorized his social security number by now!" haha
So we grabbed some yummy wedding grub and sat at the table-- approx 3 minutes later they announce the bouquet toss and I'm thinking how overrated the bouquet toss is as I'm herded into the crowd of single girls. I pretty much used a complete stranger as my block aid so that I wouldn't have a chance to catch it, but for some reason, which is unknown to me, I looked away and was in like a daze as she threw the bouquet. I was awakened from my daze by the sudden movement of the girl in front of me as she dodged to the left. Next came the bouquet, which smacked straight into my chest before I could even register that it was coming at me, and it fell to the floor. I could've died! I hurriedly picked it up and felt all of the blood rush straight to my face. They took a bunch of pics and I just stood there not
THIS WEEKEND
I had a really good weekend! Umm I dunno just good times and SO fun to have all my family home :) Pretty much I just partied every night! Friday night we dyed Easter Eggs.. which is always fun especially since I have younger siblings..
Then came conference. BOMB {dot} com. Holy! It just never ever ceases to amaze me that I hear EXACTLY what I need to hear if I've taken the time before to prep for conference. It was just kind of interesting that ALL day Saturday was about strengthening our families and especially the crucial role of Mothers. Then Sunday morning was ALL about the Savior [mostly due to Easter I'm sure] and then Sunday afternoon was about bringing the Savior into our families and making sure that we teach our children the importance of the Atonement. WOW.
Every conference I have a talk that is MY talk.. ya know? and for the second year in a row Richard G. Scott has been the one to talk directly to me. He gave a spectacular talk about the importance of continually learning about the Atonement. My favorite part probably his testimony at the end.. it was unshakable! but the best quote for me was :
"This Easter, as you remember the resurrection and the price paid through the gift of the Atonement, ponder what the scripture teach of those sacred events. Your personal witness of their reality will be strengthened. They must be MORE than just principles you memorize. They must be woven into the very FIBER OF YOUR BELIEF."
I <3 conference.
4 comments:
I wrote Elder Scott's quote in my notebook too! LOVE conference... and KJo :) Seriously.
I would like to point out Keaton's Zelda shirt that he is wearing hehe! He is such a funny kid and you guys do look pretty dang cute together! Wish I could have been there, (hmm maybe not) wink, wink! ;) Love ya girly!
Hahaha! He IS wearing a Zelda shirt!!! Bahaha! oh KJo!!
dude. first of all, i didnt know you were dating someone!! thats awesome! second i love your face when you caught the bouquet..classic. and third of all i freaking love your face and miss it. just sayin
Post a Comment