This semester my goals were #1 Get an A in Biology & #2 Get a 4.0 this semester
Well the good news is that I have an A in Biology but the bad news is that I had a 93%, which is an A, in my history class and I drew a complete blank on the final and probably got a 80-85%... which means that I probably have a A-... No 4.0.
The debate:
BYU doesn't have any sort of transfer scholarship, so as long as my GPA is above a 3.5-3.6 I'll still get in and still pay just as much. They do, however, have a continuing student scholarship which means that once you go for a year, and if you maintain a 3.7 they'll give you half tuition and a 3.9 will give you full... but with my transfer GPA I'll have to maintain a 3.9 my junior year there in order to even qualify for the half tuition my senior year.... and I'm seriously debating how realistic that is--
So here's the deal I have tons of homework to do but every time I go to do it I think to myself "I already messed my 4.0 and I have to pay for school anyway, so why bother!"... I've also had a rough day and am not in the most optimistic mood.... What to do, What to do.
Only solution I can come up with- Finals week blows
1 comment:
I would definitely talk to your teacher. Ask if you can re-do the questions that you missed for 1/2 credit or if you can write a paper or help him for free with some of his research. Tell the teacher it's the difference of a scholarship. It's worth a try.
People told me this all of the time at BYU but I only did it a few times. Almost every time I asked they let me do something to raise it.
Finals does suck! Keep trying, it could save you half tuition still (maybe even full). That's a couple grand of FREE school. Totally worth it!
Post a Comment