9.17.2009

{What I'm doing to prepare}

Mentally
Well there is not much to mentally prepare myself for... I know he's probably going to be a little bit strange, but that's how it is with all missionaries! The only other thing that I need to prepare for is the possibility of rejection-- but I'm not too worried about that. My new theory is that I wish that I was still apprehensive and scared because at least then time went a little faster... Now that I'm looking forward to it it's going to be the LONGEST 5 DAYS EVER!

Physically
Well the Head Nurse told me that her sister lost 5 lbs. the week that her mish came home... I wish that was true for me! ha ha I had all these goals this summer to be able to fit into some of the clothes that I fit into before he left--- not so much. I think I've gained a couple pounds since summer.. but what can you do??! Other than that I've been using my whitening strips ever day this week and my eyebrows are super nasty right now [not that that's in anyway different than normal] but I'll pluck them Monday so they'll be nice and pretty! I'm still debating on what to wear.. That could be a toughy.

Spiritually
Well this week I have caught up on my journal.. FINALLY! I practically skipped summer [not that I did anything worth writing.. so it's no big deal].. but I am caught up! I've also been reading morning and night and doing a morning devotional with me, myself, and I. There's nothing like singing acappella in your room right when you wake up. Let's just say I lower the song at least an octave! But I'm trying my hardest to have the spirit mostly so that I can just get through the week. Because the hardest thing is just STAYING FOCUSED! So this has been a factor in reducing that attention deficit... Have I ever told you that I'm self diagnosed A.D.D.? I really think I am.. but anyways---

and that is the update!

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Im so excited for you. You better take pictures!

Nancy Face said...

Just before Ted came home, Lauren was using those whitening strip thingys...and her Mama Face was plucking those scary eyebrows, muahaha! >:D