6.03.2012

A Diamond Queen


In case you didn't know... this weekend marked Queen Elizabeth II 's 60th year reigning over the Commonwealth of the United Kingdom

Some interesting facts about the Queen:

  • Did you see the King's Speech? Her dad was King George with the stammer! She was not expected to reign, but when her uncle, Prince Edward, abdicated the crown things changed. Her dad, King George, died at age 56 because of lung cancer.
  • Elizabeth acceded the throne in 1952, 60 years ago, at the age of 25!
  • She married Prince Phillip who was the Prince of Greece and Denmark, but he relinquished his other titles in order to marry Elizabeth.. The Londoners that I talked to said he is a sexist and racist old man haha
Today Q.E. floated down the Thames River in a boat parade which they haven't done for a Jubilee in over 300 years!

A group of us went to a 9am ward and then went and stood on the street for 3 hours waiting to see the Queen pass by :)

I was so excited about all of this that I bought a skirt for 5 pounds at Primark yesterday just to celebrate!






FINALLY at 2:30 royalty started boarding ships.. we watched via jumbo tron..

Prince William and Kate

The Queen herself!
the creepy guy on the upper right hand side is NOT part of our group...

I didn't get a pic of the queen's boat and her on it because I was in charge of video-ing the event.. go to my FB and you can watch the video, but here is a much better official picture capturing the moment

Here she is on her royal barge.. notice Kate Middleton on the right..
and if the pic above of Kate doesn't suit your fancy...


This girl is a diva. I don't care WHO you are. She is GORGEOUS, modest, classy, charming, and a total babe. It was funny because as the boat passed everyone said "Oh look! There's the Queen!!... can you see Kate anywhere??" haha She lives a fantasy life and everyone loves her :)

No comments: