12.18.2011

Transition Time

This week marked a very LARGE milestone for my career life. I was offered a student teaching position starting January 16 :) CRAZY. I am full of all sorts of emotions including anxiety, anticipation and inadequacy. I will be teaching the second half of the Old Testament. Ya I don't know. I can think of Jonah and the whale.. Daniel in the Lions den.. David and Goliath.. that's 3 lessons. I have to teach like 50. AH! haha but I really am excited to have my own little class... well 2 classes to be specific.

The only really bad thing coming out of this is that I don't have time to work at the bank and also teach. Sad day. I absolutely love the bank. I love the people that I work with and I enjoy the clients that I have built friendships with.. and I am just going to miss it so much! I have been with working for this bank almost 4 years now. That's a long time! I won't lie.. after working as a teller for that long I am pretty good at my job. It's easy and I'm really comfortable with it. When I leave work I leave all thoughts and worries about it there.

Now switching from a job that is easy (granted there are days when it isn't, but as a general rule) to a job that challenges me in every sphere of my being is scary! Teaching is a game that cannot be won. A beast that is never conquered. The minute I think I figured it out, the Lord totally throws me a curve ball and I realize how small I am without His help! It's a beautiful process to learn and grow, but man it can be difficult sometimes!

Let's just say that a chunk of my Christmas gifts will be cardigans and skirts :)

5 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

Ty told me this news a couple says ago. I'm super excited for you to be teaching. You will do great. Congrats!

lindsay said...

Kaylen!! That is so exciting! You will be an awesome teacher. I can't wait to see all the places you go in your life. Love you!

PNRBAC said...

Are you kidding me?! Cardigans and skirts are TOTALLY IN! (read - that's all I've ever worn since I got home from the mish) ;) Love it that you love to teach! As Elder Bendar says, it's good to jump out of the boat! It stretches you and makes more of you than you could ever become on your own. Love it! Merry Christmas to you and your fam!

Jaime said...

how awesome!! i cant believe it kay! you will be great!

Kaitlyn said...

Hahahaha. I just love how much I can relate to this post. January 16th? pretty close to a much anticipated January 18th. Feeling excited but a bit inadequate? same. Getting skirts and cardigans for Christmas? Same. Good luck, I know you'll be incredible!