It all started Friday night..
KJo's brother Ty and his family came to HomeTown this weekend to visit and because they have three little boys they are all about adventures! Ty told KJo and I that he was probably going to make up an adventure for them to do Friday night and told us we were invited.. So Friday came and we were in the living room and Ty was saying how tired he was and that he didn't want to go and do it, but all the little boys were like COME ON DAD! So he got up and was like ok...
(I don't know what's up with my crappy smile in this pic..)
So we all went outside and Ty told this story about pirates that got lost and came down the canal in row boats.. and as they came down they buried treasure all along the way. He and KJo had been bailing hay all day and said they'd found a treasure map when they were working so we wanted to follow it to the treasure... So we started following the clues!!!
(please notice that I am wearing a ring on my ring finger.. what was I thinking that morning when I put that on!?)
The clues took us all over the farm--
After we'd followed like 5 clues we got to the tower by the pond and we heard the little boys yell We found the treasure!! As we got closer we saw that they'd pulled out some candy, a big fake diamond wrapped in a cloth, and then one last piece of paper.. his oldest nephew kind of mumbled through it and then didn't really understand so he threw it aside and went for the candy.. So his sister in law picked it up and said Let KJo read it!! and instantly I was like wait a minute....... KJo grabbed the paper and read "She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her." Proverbs 3:15-- my heart was BEATING out of my chest.. My mind was going a GA-JILLION miles a minute as I'm thinking Is today is THE day.. MY day.. How does my hair look? Is he going to ask right here?? What do I say?! We're going to be taking a million pictures.. Yes! That's what I'm going to say- don't forget. CRAP I DON'T EVEN LOOK CUTE TODAY! But all my thoughts were interrupted when he turned to me and said plain as ever Let's go on a walk! That's when they took THIS picture
:D
(his brother snuck in and snapped a few pics)
LOL Ok now to explain my outfit-- KJo was like Hey we're going on The Adventure tonight so be sure to wear tennis shoes and stuff, becuase we'll walk through weeds, thistle, and sheep poop etc.. so I did.. and you can't wear really cute clothes and Nike's-- so I just wore a black tee and a jacket-- and also didn't take the time to really fix my hair before-- oh well.. what can you do?


my WHOLE family was there. THE BEST SURPRISE EVER! I cannot even describe to you how it felt to see them! Up until that point I had been fine.. I knew my fam would have to drive a long way to be there and I was completely content just being there with his family, but when I saw them I instantly started to cry because I realized how badly it meant to have them there with me for that pivotal moment in my life. It was amazing.



my favorite pic
After we got in the car and called all our family and a couple friends-- My family was in RootTown, Provo, Draper, etc.. He called siblings in Virginia and Pennsylvania.. Then we sat at his house and chatted with his family. Tyler yelled from the living room and was like Hey my friend Jed is here come and show him your ring.. so I got up and rounded the corner to the front door and---
(Imma nerd)
-------------------------------------------
Kaylen and KJO
September 24th 2010
Salt Lake City Temple
.happyness.
13 comments:
Oh mylanta girl!! I cannot wait! I am sooo excited for you!!! And I'll be honest, I about teared up when I saw that your family came!! Really, I looked like an idiot at work all teary eyed reading your blog! Love it =) Congratulations, you'll love married life!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING! UGH I wanted to see the pics so bad! My Betsy is getting married ahhhhhhh! I am so happy for you and love you to pieces!
I agree with Alesha. When I saw that picture of you with your dad I teared right up :'( I couldn't decide if it was because I missed your dad SO much or because of you haha jk! Loves!!!!
Oh goodness! You didn't tell me the part about your family! I'll agree with both you guys! I bout teared up too and that's saying a lot! I am sooo happy they were there to share it with you! Makes me feel guilty! I should have been a better friend and left even if it was at like midnight hahah! I can't wait to see you! I am so glad you guys had a "photographer" there! Some of the best pics ever!
Ok so I DID tear up when I saw the picture of you and your dad! I still can't believe you guys are getting married. But it is so awesome! I'll be coming into the bank soon to see you beautiful ring.
I have been checking your blog all day long!! I felt like I looked like crap in all my engagement-day pictures.. I had no time to do my hair that day. came straight from work blah. But nothing beats those pictures. So happy for you!!!!!
I am so happy for you two!! You are an adorable couple!!! :)
WELL i couldnt be happier for ya!! love the story and so glad you had such a great day and that your family was there.. now new exciting stories begin :) and im sooo anxious to ehar them love ya girly enjoy every minute of it it only gets bettter b y the day
KLIN! Oh my gosh! I am so happy for you! I couldn't stop smiling the whole time I was reading this! PSH, I don't know what you are talking about, not looking cute. You look BEAUTIFUL in all the pictures! I luh you!
p.s. I felt like crying too. Wow, you got to all of us. :D
PERFECT story. :) Soooo very happy for you!
I LOVE the pic of him kneeling and then of you guys kissing. I'll be honest, thats the pic that makes me tear up....because that is the best moment!!!! Congratulations girl, You two are so perfect for eachother!!!
OOOOOHHHHH I cried. Especially at the pic of your dad hugging you!! PRICELESS!! Hooray for September
24th! Hooray for the Salt Lake Temple! Hooray for KKJo!
Congrats Klinny! That is so awesome!
Post a Comment