Remember Ross from my last post? Well he's a year younger than I am, so right now he's preparing to leave on his mission in about 2 weeks... Can I just say that he is hilarious! ha but we've been hanging out a ton recently and it's been SO fun to watch him prepare and take his last steps before going into the mission field :D
A couple times a month our ward has the opportunity to go to the temple and preform baptisms for the dead and I've always teased Ross a little because he was one of the only boys there that wasn't endowed and able to baptize and confirm-- well last week Ross went through the temple and I was SO excited for him! So this week when we went I was stoked for him because it was his first time baptizing--- so we rigged it!
We ended up timing it right so that he was able to confirm me and then also I was the first person he was able to baptize as well. It was awesome to be a part of something so amazing with friend that you admire and respect!
Most people that know Ross think that he might be immature because he is hyper and happy 95% of the time, but I've learned this week that he may be a bit naive to the world, but when it comes to preforming those sacred ordinances he didn't joke or poke fun. He recognized the significance of the ordinance and handled it better and more maturely than most of the older boys there and it was such a breath of fresh air! Ross knows-- and because he knows he will serve faithfully. I'm so grateful for his example of what it means to be happy, fun, and faithful.
The church is true :D
1 comment:
I love that kid!! And this post makes me like and respect him so much more!!
Whit
Post a Comment