1.18.2009

Blind Date

Sporty Spice likes Devin. Devin is one of those super amazing guys that is a future prophet or something like that... anyways, so being the good guy that he is he decides to set me up with one of his best friends Jake. I HATE blind dates.. so I already know that it's going to be a bit awkward, but to add to the awkwardness of the situation, Devin pulled up facebook and showed Jake picture of me and then told me how stoked and excited Jake is to meet me... awkward...The thing about blind dates is that you're both supposed to go into the date 'blind' but due to the fact that Jake added me on facebook it wasn't quite so blind anymore. The reason that this is so bad is because there are pics like the one to the right where he looks pretty decent and I'm thinking this is gonna be fun...he's pretty cute... but the on the other hand there are pics of him like the one on the left that make you wonder about him. (he probably took this pic while cutting his hair and decided to cut a mullet for like 2 seconds.. but regardless) So guaranteed we're both looking at each other's pics and making presumptuous judgements about each other. The day of the date arrived (aka yesterday). I woke up, worked out, got in the shower, and then BAM... migraine. YEAH! maybe it was a bit of an omen. So we delay our departure so that I can take a quick nap to help through the pain a little bit. Since Jake lives an hour away Me, Sporty, and Devin made the trip out to his house a little later than planned. Our date had to be in the day time because Jake works at the MTC (missionary training center) from 6-9pm. Now this is a good sign. I learned that he'd been back from his LDS mission since September and I was impressed that he was staying close to those standards and working there at night... anyway so first impressions were decent. He looked pretty good, seemed nice. Everything was good, but as the day went on his lack of maturity came out more and more.. for instance: everything was competitive to the 10th degree-he had to win everything-no matter what we did, he told us stories about how his stomach hurt one day and how he had to go to the hospital and "get his stools tested", etc. It was just strange. When boys initially come home from their missions they can sometimes be weird. Some boys get over it quicker than others, but to me it seemed like he was still a little out of the social loops. It's hard because I look at him and he's good looking, and as a member of the church (LDS church) he's great. He made multiple comments about the mission that he served in Mexico and he's an all around good guy, but at the same time I found that I was laughing more at him than with him... Girls are ruthless, but I just knew that that wasn't what I am looking for in a suitor. So the search continues...

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Immature boys of course! haha!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Hahah! I totally know how you feel. Ugh...dating is the worst!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Did you get a statcounter installed?

Unknown said...

ya i did! thanks

Kayla said...

Hey Klin I tagged you! Read my blog to see the instructions! Loves!