11.03.2012

The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

Marhaba!


Monday we went on our 2nd large out of Jerusalem field trip to the country of Jordan..


Monday we left and went to Mount Nebo where Moses first looked across the Jordan river into the Promised Land, but was not permitted to go into it because the Children of Israel were not very obedient.

Skipping all of the lame sites where we looked at foundations of old cities and broken columns (they really are cool, but after looking at 15 they all tend to look the same).

Our second day we travelled to PETRA! It was incredible. We walked through a slot canyon and then through a crack in the canyon you get a glimpse of the Treasury



The Nabateans carved it OUT OF THE MOUNTAIN. 


There were camels there and we got to ride them :)

.. remarkably its looks more comfortable than it was

 After Camels we hiked to 'The High Place'. It was a place.. that was high. Weird!
Everyone LOVED Petra and I think part of the reason why is because it looked so much like Southern Utah and reminded us all of home.

After the high place we hiked to "The World's Greatest View".


  And it was a pretty incredible view of the Monastery!


 Dirty feet.. My chacos are green and black if you couldn't tell..
 Swollen fingers.. my hand is the one in the middle. When it's warm and I'm walking a lot my fingers BLOW UP
 The day after Petra I spend a pretty great night in the capitol city of Amman. A group of us went to an internet cafe, the locals pulled out a guitar, and it turned into a full little porch concert. It was a beautiful night. I shared a smoothie with one of my favorite people Jay, and then we danced to one of the songs they played :) SO MUCH FUN! I skyped my mom that night, which always brightens my week.

On our last day we went to the river Jordan

 This is me and Jordan at the River Jordan. There were a million flies swarming us while we were there, but there is an undeniable peace connected to that place. I really loved it :)

We were gone Monday through Thursday. The rest of this week has been spent doing homework and recuperating from an exhausting "vacation".

I am over half way done. I cannot even believe that!! I miss my family so much, but at the same time I don't want this to end. Initially it took me a couple of weeks/a month or two to get my bearings here, but now things are going really well and I can't imagine it coming to an end.

Love from the Holy Land
Klinny



No comments: