4.22.2012

"..Oh this is gonna be a good life!"



Holy smokes can life get any more insane??! Quick recap of the last couple weeks:

Moab!!! For Easter my family went to Arizona, but because of seminary teaching I couldn't go.. however my new bestie Megs and I planned a trip to Moab... We didn't want to leave anyone out, so we invited the whole ward! I knew that not everyone would come because of family plans... but we ended up with 28 people! It was a total party! We stayed at my parents house and we just played :)



 Corona Arch

 Me and Megs
 We had crazy repelling experiences in the black of night and it was basically one of the greatest weekends of my life. We had SOOOOO much fun. More pics to come.. probably...

____________
A week and a half ago we had our ward closing social at Anna's house in Provo. Her parents were out of town and we watched some funny FHE videos and then had treats and a dance party with the ward. It was SO much fun! Afterwards a group of us went to my apartment and watched a movie. Two of my roommates stayed the night with 4 other girls at Anna's house. It was about 11:30 when the movie ended, so I said I thought it would be funny if we went and "penny tapped" or "doorbell ditched" the girls that stayed the night.

Seven of us went and on the way over we laughed at the thought of going inside the house and scaring them if one of the doors was open to the house.... Then we pulled up and sure enough! The side entry door was totally open. Now it was no longer a prank, but a secret mission! We took off our shoes and tip toed upstairs. The house was three levels, and they were in the basement. We devised a plan and then took this pick in an upstairs bedroom...

Soooo hard core hahaha. I was the spy. I crept downstairs and hid around the corner from the family room and texted Benjamin from the basement to clue them in on what was happening. The boys were in charge of making the noise :) It started off small. Someone walking across the floor.. then it got louder--tables/furniture being shifted, louder stomps on the floor, running water, etc. By the end those girls were severely terrified. I felt SOOOO horrible because I would have been peeing my pants had I been in their shoes!

They started calling boys in the ward to come and save them.. and then I heard, "4370 N. 300 W" (or whatever her address was) and I was like CRAP! She's calling the cops! So I came out from around the corner with my hands up and I said 'guys guys don't worry it's just us'.. they were all huddled in a circle around the girl calling 9-1-1 and they turned and screamed at the sight of me. 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi, still screaming.. I was like don't worry it's ok it's ok! and even though it was me, Kaylen, female, roommate, friend it still took them forever to realize that I wasn't going to kill them.. then everyone came barreling down the stairs and the prank was over.

Hands down one of the greatest pranks I've ever pulled. Yes they have forgiven us, but yes I am still anticipating revenge... :/



Good news. I got green crop jeans.  They matched my home teachers shorts.
I love them.


Last week I had a dessert party at my apartment because a bunch of people were leaving for the summer and weren't coming back.. We had at least 60 people in our apartment over the course of the night. So. Much. Fun. I love these people.

SOOO Megan is one of my new best friends. You know how your best friends are girls that have common interests, but different personalities and hobbies/interests?? Well Megan is my identical twin.. Not even lying. We are the same person. I love her! She has an internship in San Francisco for spring term, so she will be back in June, but I don't get home till July 12, so we went to Bangkok Thai for her goodbye dinner :( She left Wednesday morning... I thought I might cry.

 I love these people.
(Megan is in the yellow sweater, and I have green pants on.)

When we arrived at Bangkok Thai I got a call from my roommate Katie saying that I had a large envelope from the Jerusalem Center sitting on the counter.... (I applied to Jerusalem for Fall 2012 about a month ago) Luckily a girl that was coming to dinner hadn't left yet so she brought it with her and I opened it like a mission call with everyone around me :) haha


How crazy! I honestly did not think that I was going to get in! There are only 60 slots for girls and around 200 people apply, but sure enough! I leave August 28 and come back December 13 :) Shalom!



After the nightmare of finals was over I got a haircut... and got BANGS!
Won't even lie I was nervous. I haven't had bangs since 3rd grade! But it was time for a much needed change. I went to teach later that week and one of the kids came in and was like "WOAH! I thought we had a substitute teacher!" haha silly kids


Then to top off the weekend, yesterday I went to a high school track meet in the morning to watch some students compete, then I helped people move into and out of apartments, then I played tennis for 2 hours, then I went with Tim and Allen (Tim Allen.. bahahaha so funny) to Stewart Falls. We decided to be champions and run/jog the hike for our daily workout.. it was tough.
But so beautiful! I am stinking sore today though. Then I went to Promenade at the Provo City Library because it was high school prom! I was SUPER disappointed though. 95% LDS and 50% were immodest. Some of my 'allstar' seminary girls were immodest and I was like WHAT?! SOOO disappointed. Then I came back home, ate dinner, and then we went to a girls house and played games till midnight. 

My life is a total whirlwind. Everyday things change! New people, new adventures, etc. But each day I look at what God has made of my life and I realize that he is the Master Gardener. He trims and prunes, and even though it hurts He has blessed me 10 fold for my obedience to His plan for me. I am so grateful that I had the faith to listen then because now I am becoming the person I truly want to be... and that is the greatest accomplishment I will ever or have ever achieved. Contentment.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

HOW FUN! all of it... exciting times. WHERE did you find your green pants, I want!

Heather said...

haha you crack me up!! I have totally been thinking about cutting bangs. I was thinking about the last time I had full on bangs...it was totally 3rd grade too!! I'm pretty sure I grew out my bangs because you did. Now I will have to cut them because you did haha!! They are way cute.

The Battys said...

Love the pants as well! I want some so bad but everywhere down here is sold out of my size. Those poor girls! I would have killed you. Even reading this last night gave me the creeps and kept me thinking that someone was in my house...Looks like you're having a grand ol' time with all your parties and hikes, etc. I don't know how you juggle everything! PS your comment on my blog almost made me cry too. Miss ya Klinny! See you soon!