3.05.2011

I'll Never 'Fredette' About It



...Ya I'm the one in the white--


BYU Basketball has been a BLAST this season. Honestly, watching Jimmer play is unreal! Jimmer-mania has been contagious.
The whole Brandon Davies situation was a rough point in the season for sure, but I admire Davies for turning himself in, and am proud of BYU for standing by their morals. As I've heard people around the community and on campus talk about it, a lot of them say that Davies should've just waited to confess AFTER the bball season was over, but I have major respect for Davies doing what needed to be done regardless of the circumstances.

Many people perceive Mormons (and especially BYU Mormons) as being unaccepting of people that have made mistakes or that aren't "perfect", but Davies sat on the bench at tonight's game in a white shirt and tie with the team. I hope that it sent the message to the world that the Church is ALL about forgiveness. If anyone had the right to be mad and bitter, it's his teammates that he left HIGH and DRY at the most crucial part of their season! But instead of shunning him, they stand by him and continue to help and support him when he probably needs it most. Good job team!

Now I will confess my secret. Sure Jimmer is THE star, but personally I like to watch Jackson Emery---
isn't he adorable?? I know he's married, but I still have a little school-girl crush on him :)

Kyle Collinsworth (far left) is also pretty cute, BUT he's a freshman and going on a mission soon...

So basically my chances of dating a bball player are slim to none... Unless Jimmer dumps his beautiful head cheerleader girlfriend for me!.... no likely ;)


.the end

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

I went to high school with Jackson. He was pretty cute then too :)

The Battys said...

Go Cougs!!