7.19.2010

Another Turn

Man I won't lie I'm sick of thinking of ways to phrase these kinds of posts.

But I guess I'll start by saying it's back to square one for me--

I don't know why things like this keep happening... I mean honestly to not be with Brazil was hard enough to do, but then to be engaged to KJo and then have the Lord send me another way is ROUGH.

I don't know why it had to happen. I don't know why we had to be as far as we were before having these feelings. I don't know why for the 2nd time in my life he's gotten a YES and, though this time it came later than anticipated, I got a NO.

Up until last week I would pray about KJo and the only feelings that I felt were to just keep going-- and I was a little worried because we were all of the sudden finding a KILLER deal on a ring, then proposal, then finding a place to live-- the blessings just kept coming. Deep down I was a little worried, but still my answer was to be patient and move forward. One of my amazing mentors told me "Kaylen, if the only reason that you're kneeling across that alter in the temple is because you've yet to get a NO, then you go and have faith that the Lord will care for you and won't leave you alone on this most important decision." So that was when I decided to go forward and not look back unless otherwise prompted.

I hoped that 'otherwise prompted' would never come, but it did. Monday. and I knew exactly what was going to happen.

The only thing that I can say coming out of this is that I KNOW that I have a Father in Heaven that truly loves me and watches out for me. I know that there is a plan for me-- a plan of happiness and though this plan is 1,000% different than the plan I made for myself I know that God's will make me more happy than I ever could. Our relationship progressed quickly and a lot of things fell into place for us. I saw them as evidence that we should be together, but looking back I know that for some reason we needed to get to this point in our relationship-- and now that we're here we've done whatever it was that we needed to do. Our time together is over.

I don't know what's on my agenda now. I'm hoping that since my heart has felt this before that maybe it will remember how to mend itself more quickly and less painfully -- but I'm not holding my breath.

This weekend I'll be in Idaho at our ranch and our family reunion couldn't come at a better time. I love my family with all my heart and truly cant wait to see them. After that I get wisdom teeth out on the 30th-- aka zero fun. So I guess the task now is just to figure out Where I'm going and What I'm doing.

Love Kaylen

I guess that this means the search continues.

9 comments:

Chelsey said...

oh girl Im so sorry. Hand in there.

Chelsey said...

*** Hang

Ash Att said...

kaylen, im so sorry to hear about this. you are such a strong person and such a great example to me. how you deal things is just amazing to me. love ya kaylen. i miss your face

Erin said...

I'm sorry Kaylen. If you need anything at all, let me know. Love ya!

Whitney said...

You're so strong! Good for you doing what feels right though. Who knows... maybe you'll end back up with Brazil. Trials and tribulations are what makes up life!

Whitney

Peggy said...

Kaylen,
My heart breaks for you. It is wonderful to have love and direction from Heavenly Father. Even knowing what you needed to do-to get to that point and have to break things off still hurts. I said a little prayer for you as you figure the next step out. Love ya!

Cindy said...

Bummer dude! On a positive note I guess it's better to find out it's not meant to be sooner than later, although it still sucks! Best wishes trying to make decisions on your future plans. I truly mean that... I hate making decisions, especially BIG ones.

I was looking forward to adding one more cousin to the annual BYU student Skinner dinner ;).

Anonymous said...

Kaylen,
I'm so sorry to hear that! Yet, I am so amazed at your courage and strength. I hope you have the best time with your family at your reunion. It's such a wonderful thing to have family close by. I know you are strong and can get through these rough and tough trials. This past summer I saw a change in you that has been taking place and I can see the power you have. Don't forget that and always remember that Heavenly Father loves you, because He does. I know this will only make you stronger, even though there are growing pains. I love you. I know we've grown apart, yet I still feel for you. I hope you know I'll always be there for you.
Catlin

Kaitlyn said...

Kaylen,

I love your guts and know that I am here for you whenever you need to talk!

Kaitlyn