1.13.2010

So Grateful

Hey Team..

So it's been a minute since I last posted, but I just want to express how happy I am. I was thinking today about my blog and that I wanted to post, but didn't really know what to post about because I'll be honest I haven't really done anything SUPER notable, yet I'm way happy! So I just thought today about how this change came about--

 I've been home for the last month and when I moved home I really was just still struggling with life. I just felt lost. This continued through the break, but after Christmas a switch just flipped and suddenly I was ok! It was a mixture of a lot of things coming together at once, but one of the major things was just the desire that I had to reevaluate, restart, and renew... Like I said in my previous post I have high hopes for 2010!

Some things that have changed in the last weeks:

-- I still think I'll end up at BYU, but I won't even lie I really think I'll serve a mission :D it's something that I've always had a desire to do, but honestly I never thought I'd be 21 and not married (how lame does that sound! ha ha) but here I am 20.5 years old and I just want to serve. I want an adventure so BAD and a mission is the most rewarding adventure available to me right now... I won't say that I am going, but I will say that I feel like I need to prepare myself to serve regardless of whether or not I end up out there.

-- I work everyday so that's pretty standard, but my week looks like this:

Monday-Family Home Evening
Tuesday-Missions Prep in the morning & Baptisms for the dead at night
Wednesday- Institute
Thursday-Institute
Friday-whatever
Saturday-whatever

So as you can see I spend like every night doing church oriented things and it has made ALL the difference in my life. I've wondered why I was supposed to be in Vernal for the next 8 months. I really wanted to go to Provo to meet new people, start fresh, and move on, but it didn't feel right. I didn't understand why until I went and visited "college town" this last weekend.

I was confused because I figured that if I came back to "hometown" I would just sit on my butt for 8 months and pout about life being not fair, but ever since the break ended and I started my routine it's been the complete opposite! I have been happier than I have been in months... I went to visit "college town" and It's not that there are bad people there, but the college lifestyle is just so demanding and if I was anywhere but here right now I wouldn't have near the energy/time that I've had recently to just be able to reflect on my life and really focus on improving and refining myself. It's just been amazing :)

Over the last months I've been prompted to do a lot of things that I really didn't want to do, but I have seen so many blessings for my obedience even though I did most of those things grudgingly. I've had a rough couple months, but I am SO grateful that the Lord has helped to lighten my load and has kept his promises to strengthen and uphold me as I attempt to face life! and I just want to help everyone to come to the realization that God truly loves us. And that we TRULY are in his watchful care.

1 comment:

Chelsie Jensen said...

Man girl you are such a example to me. I love your positive outlook on life! Keep it up. I think you would make a GREAT missionary. Definitely keep us updated. I've loved hanging out with you the few times we have. Hopefully we'll see more of you soon.